Many of us have become very reliant on email over the years. It’s imperative that you have access to it when you need it and that you deny access to anyone who should not have it. Securing your email account is of utmost importance to FTC. Over the past few years, FTC has made major software, hardware, and platform changes to enhance its security to better protect you. The next step in upgrading our security is making changes to your email password. Today, your @farmerstel.com email password must be a minimum of 8 characters, with at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number, and 1 special character. This format no longer meets the recommended password requirements according to the FBI and the National Cyber Security Alliance. Therefore, we are going to require you to change your @farmerstel.com email password to meet the recommended standard to a minimum of 12 characters in length. If your current password is already 12 characters, you will still need to create a new password. This is also a good time to complete or refresh your Security and Account Recovery settings.
Please know that changing your email password is a simple process if you know your current @farmerstel.com password:
- Go to the farmerstel.com website
- Select Customer Tools in the top right corner
- Click on the Email box in the drop-down menu
- Input your email@example.com and your current password
- Once you have access to the Zimbra portal, click on the Account Settingsicon in the top right corner
- Click on Manage Profile
- Click Change Password
- Enter your current password, then enter your new password with a minimum of 12 characters, verify by entering your new password again, and click on Change Password
- Click on Security/Account Recovery
- Input requested information if needed or review to make sure the information is current and click on Save Security Information
If you do not know your current @farmerstel.com email password, you will need to contact our business office to make this change. For security purposes, you will need to provide your account information and CPNI password when changing your email password over the phone.
Please know that if you do not change your password you will lose login access and will have to contact our business office for assistance.
It’s also important that you update your password settings on your mobile device(s) and/or email client you may use on your computer to prevent any interruption in sending and receiving your @farmerstel email. Below are several helpful tutorials on how to do so:
Follow the links below for instructions on updating your email password on other mobile devices and/or PC mail clients
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, securing your email protects you from potential cyber crimes.
Our customer service is available at 866-638-2144, Monday – Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative